Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Windows 7 finally gets the basics right



In an effort to satisfy customers, Microsoft has developed a new version of Windows. The previous taskmaster Window’s Vista, was creating some problems for consumers. They complained that Vista, offered a flashy new interface, but the performance was poor and it had a lack of compelling features made it dull. Vista made people regret that they upgraded and others just refused to leave Windows XP. So Windows 7 is supposed to make up for the previous mistakes by Microsoft. Windows 7 is hardly flawless; some of the features are still unfinished. The long standing annoyances in Windows 7 are similar to the ones of Vista.

The new taskbar replaces some of the old small icons, and text labels for running apps with larger, unlabeled icons. In the past you could get one-click access to programs by dragging their icons to the quick launch tool bar. Windows 7 is supposed to eliminate that, by adding the quick launch as part of the taskbar. Another new feature from the Window 7 taskbar is a feature called jump lists. These menus resemble the context-sensitive ones you get when you right-click within various Window’s applications, except that you don’t have to be inside the app to use them.

Overall, Windows 7 is decent. I wouldn’t recommend that you go out and buy one because to me, it’s the exact same thing as Vista. There are a few new applications on the taskmaster that would attract consumers and make things a lot easier to maneuver around, but it isn’t necessary. I feel that the only time that should upgrade is when you are truly having difficulties with their with computer. There’s a video at the bottom, that shows the basic functions of the of Windows 7

2 comments:

  1. Is this a review dude? I can see where its going. But I still don't understand the difference between Vista and Windows 07. I was thinking of getting Windows 7 cuz i need a word processor that have more options. So what are you suggesting,Don't Get the W7? let a sista know

    ReplyDelete
  2. My views toward Windows 7 were actually one sided, because I wasn't experiencing any problems with Windows Vista. So my intial thoughts were "why get W7 when Vista is working fine?" Surprisingly, right after I posted this article, I started experiencing problems with Vista on my computer. According to the aritcle that I baised my post off of, they said that Windows 7 was created to make up for the mistakes that were made with Vista. They also said that if your computer isn't giving problems, it would be unnessary it go out and buy it.That's why I said what said. But now I'm hearing from people that they're going to install W7 into all the new computers. So if your computer isn't working you should upgrade to W7.

    ReplyDelete